Ask Not What...
Government is the potent,…the omnipresent teacher.
For good or ill it teaches
…the whole people by its example.
In the wake of Londond bombing, it's surprising to note that the above words was said by a death sentenced alleged bomber of Oklahoma Federal Building in 1995, Timothy McVeigh. I don't condone his action, nor his twisted justification on the right of taking human lifes, but what he said is true. Government and it's leader should set an examples to looked-up to by their citizen. If they want us to life a modest life, they should lead the frugal examples themselves first (not by throwing-up a big wedding bash in a Presidential Palace). If they want us to save energy, they should think first of what they can do to save the energy (not by visiting some small crowded town and creating traffic jams all over the place). Heheh, sorry to be sound so bitter.
You know what kind of involvement I have with the projects? Two of them are concerning survey jobs. I've been all over the town visiting some of the city's unit branches and do interviews. When just several months ago, I sit comfortably on top of this kind of teams. And here now I have to do the grunt work myself. Although I act mostly as a liaison officer, of course I still need to do some marketing routine, like a lots of smilling and the obligatory small talks. Well, it's kind of fun actually. The problem is, I lost most of my time to tinker with this blog.
I always thought governing is a messy business. I knew most of us don’t have the slight less clue of what to do and what should’ve been done. But I never really expect to see that still many of us have deep affection of what we do. I’m surprised to meet many actually good people within. All we need now is some help from a dark and self-brooding vigilante. I think now I’ll hit the rooftop, flare up the signal and wait if anybody would show-up this time.
Personally I think I could really use some help from his English butler also. For one of these day maybe I’ll be the one crouching nightly atop of buildings, and do both: (1) feeling sorry for myself and (2) striking terors into the heart superstitious and cowardly lot. I’m being delusional again am I? Please [DINK!]-ed me again..



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home