Second Encounters
After the First Encounter, I can’t really recall any immediate movie theater experience on me afterward. Maybe it was one of those locally made children movies that didn’t really leave any impression on me. But during those periods, two movies stand up in memory: - Mahabali Hanuman (1981). A Bollywood colossal in which after I learn to blow both of my gum checks to mimic the face of the main protagonist, and..
- Flash Gordon (1980). A major SF movie in which later left me with doodles of drawing of Ming the Merciless and the army of Hawkmen rebel.
Mr. Mercury died by the time I entered college. You feel something is going on in their last album, Innuendo. The only picture of the group was very much stretched vertically, to cover-up the fact that Freddy has gotten too skinny. Some of the song even recorded when it became clear that, Freddy, is dying.
While on the music subject, recently I catched the rerun show of Live8 Concert. I'm a big 80's music buff. It's good to see some of the old gank is back. One of them is ‘Duran-Duran’. While the star-bassist John Taylor amazingly look more-of the some, Simon Lebon, the vocalist, show me that you can still looking cool while aging. Another good thing is, I still can recite their song lyrics...word-for-word.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home