Connecting the Dots
I'm thinking about 'the' Steve Job's speech. We understand that education is not only about learning the materials. It’s about the whole experience. The interaction of things and the human interactions. It’s the time for random processes of learning trials. Of everything we’ve got, we never know which one we may find useful in the future. The odds are, at one point or another, every single things are counted for. We’ll never know the time for each one. If I have the opportunity the get back to my college years, I’ll be paying more attention to my Advance Calculus teacher. Because, until now, I still wait in anxiety where does these knowledge will come into benefit.I’m talking about 'connecting-the-dots'. Maybe there really is an invisible hand that set in-motion the whole events in the world. It's a comforting thought to believe that everything has it's meaning, at one time or another, eventually. Or perhaps all of these are just random interconnected events. Or maybe just an exact play of predetermined and planned course of events. I'm still not sure which one. But I can always view life as an education process too. I can see that my practical knowledge from years of different tenures elsewhere come into benefit where I work now. I feel like I'm a master samurai, sprouting petalous advices and drafting pearly wisdoms, if only I could make them listen to me. (DINK!DINK!DINK!DINK!, ouch-ouch-ouch, help! 'Doc..)
This is my personal experience of ‘connecting the dots’. When my college friends were busy learning algorithms and coding programming language, I was learning that stuff too. But I was much more engrossed in experimenting with Photoshop, Illustrator, Pagemaker, 3D Studio and such. I did what I really wanted to do. What you know? All the stuff I learned back then, find good use many times later. Among other thing is for embellishing this weblog. Connecting enough?



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home